Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Star Wars and Spotting.

We have Star Wars "TATTOO" Bandaids...

They're actually rather neat. Sorry, for the long time no update, but I have been SUPER busy with everything from work, photography, and just trying not to fall asleep standing up that I haven't really had time to breathe! *sigh* SO! Back to my Star Wars Bandaids... We got them about three weeks ago now, but they are AMAZING! (Hey, I'm a geek, leave me be!) As we all know I had my second IUI procedure done on August 10th, which feels like a year ago now... but on the 14th I gave myself my booster shot of Ovidrel. Well, third time must be the charm because it HURT this time! The first two times I couldn't feel the needle and I didn't bleed at all. This time though, it hurt, I bled, and I bruised afterward. Well, I FREAKED out when it hurt, but I continued with the injection, pulled out the needle, and noticed blood in the syringe. So I immediately think "OMG I'M GOING TO DIE!" and I thought I didn't tap the all of the air bubbles out and injected an air pocket... I know, it's funny. Feel free to laugh. :) I retrieved a Star Wars Bandaid from the box and put it on my tiny injection site on my belly. I then peeled off the white outside part leaving just a clear adhesive with a picture of Obi Wan Kinobi. Yes, Obi Wan Kinobi was on my belly. :) And then I showed everyone at work. I also told two of my coworkers what happened and they (after laughing at me) told me, "you're not going to die... you most likely just hit a capillary." and, "do you know how much AIR it would take to kill you!?" :) I love them... and they loved my bandaid...

I had my progesterone level drawn on August 17th.

The doctor's office called me on Monday to tell me that my level was at 8.1. I asked them if that was good, and they told me that it was since my last level (for my first cycle) was only a 5.3 and even though it's not at 10 or anything that it isn't a horribly low level. So yay for that! I also know of plenty of people that conceived with a lower number than 8.1, so I'm happy with my level. However, I did ask the nurse if the doctor wanted me to take progesterone supplements just in case, and she told me that since I had the booster Ovidrel, that they would use that as a hormone regulator instead of more progesterone. If I were to take more progesterone it would mess with my period (if I'm going to get it). She also told me that if I'm NOT pregnant this time, they're increasing my Clomid dosage. I'm already at 150mg so I guess the next step is 200mg? Those hot flashes are going to be amazing...

Did I mention that this round of IUI feels 100% different?

Everything feels different. The first round of IUI I KNEW it didn't work. I literally cramped the whole two week waiting period. They started out dull the whole first week and then got progressively worse as week two began and then I started my period (for the second time) on the 24th of the month. I never felt tired, my boobs were not tender, I was not emotional. This time though? I cramped the initial day of the procedure. I laid around all day afterward as well, which I did NOT do the previous try. I cry for no reason. Literally, no reason at all. I was watching an Air Bud (the golden retriever) movie and I cried when he came out onto the baseball field. Really? THAT made me cry?? I also cried Monday night over spaghetti... or bread sticks, I'm not sure which one actually did the deed, but I hugged my husband for a solid two minutes with watery eyes while he laughed at me and asked me if I was okay. No, I'm not okay, my emotions are EVERYWHERE! My boobs are sore. If I touch them in any way they have a dull achy type pain to them. It's more annoying than anything. Speaking of annoying... I'm MOODY. Every little thing makes me start grumbling and everything is "annoying" me. :) I'm exhausted. I don't remember ever having been this tired before. I feel like I could fall asleep leaning on a counter. In fact, when I'm not working I'm napping. Now... ALL of these things could also be side effects to having a second Ovidrel shot. I'm not jumping up and down thinking I'm pregnant... I just know every little aspect about this round is different.

I started spotting yesterday.

THAT'S different... I don't think I've ever just spotted without then having my period. If my body is actually willing to be "regular" I'm due to start my period on the 24th of this month... but seeing as I started spotting yesterday around 12:20pm who the heck knows. After the initial 12:20pm spotting, it stopped altogether and I had no indication of any bleeding at all. I also did have dull cramping around 10:30am to 11:00am but I didn't think anything of it. I, of course, freaked out and called the doctor. They called back and told me that spotting is COMPLETELY NORMAL when you're undergoing fertility treatment. My uterus just has a lot going on at the moment so a little spotting is nothing to be concerned about. Two of my coworkers told me that cramping and spotting can happen during implantation. Hmm... I also woke up this morning with light spotting and it has been on and off throughout the whole day. Someone else told me that my uterus could be stretching to make room for a baby. Hmm... the only thing I care about is if it's normal or not. And seeing as they told me it was, I'm hoping I miss my period on the 24th and come back with a positive result on the 27th. If not? Well... we'll just have to try again won't we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment