Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This is just crazy talk.

I could be pregnant in two weeks?

Well, roughly two weeks anyway. I'll know for certain in four weeks. I just think that's crazy. It hasn't really sunk in that it could happen for me in a matter of weeks. I mean, I think it is SLOWLY sinking in, hence the post, but really? Four weeks?  ::shakes head:: I don't think the reality has set in for my husband either. Of course I'm not really sure how he feels about everything happening this quickly. Especially when we tried for (it seems like) forever and are so used to tests coming back negative. Well here's to hoping for a positive outcome this time! ::cheers::

I'm not out of the woods.

I am fully aware that it may NOT happen this round. In fact, I'm actually expecting another negative result. It would just seem too easy if I got it on the first try. I'd be ecstatic, don't get me wrong, but I really don't think it will happen. I think I'd freak out if it did. In a good way, of course. Aside from the possibility of not being pregnant, if I AM pregnant after four weeks there's a strong possibility of miscarriage (for me). I think the doctor told me I have a 60% chance of miscarriage in the first 12 weeks. After that the percentage drastically decreases, but there is still a possibility of it. THIS scares me. THIS is what I'm the most worried about. I also will have to have a shot every week (ROGAM) so that my body doesn't treat the baby (or babies) like an infection and kill it (or them) that way. Guess that's what sucks about a negative blood type.

I know in the end this will all be worth it.

Nothing worth doing is ever easy. And I know my family is worth every scrap of effort I can produce. I am crossing my fingers for a one time go with the IUI, however unlikely it may be, and I know this blog will be the first thing I confide in aside from my husband. *sigh*

Here goes nothing.

2 comments: