Saturday, July 14, 2012

So maybe I lied...

This IS the longest two weeks of my life.

I know I said it wouldn't be, and that my weeks go really fast... but seriously? My weeks have slowed down immensely. Like to a snail's pace! I go this Monday for my progesterone draw, and I'm not really looking forward to it, it's blood work, come on! I have recently discovered I'm a pessimist. I always think the very worst outcome, like in this instance my levels are going to be completely jacked up and not stable for carrying a child. Then come the following Monday (my pregnancy draw) I know the only bad outcome I can expect is a negative... which I'm honestly thinking WILL happen. Of course, after taking test after test after test, month after month after month, and they ALL come back negative what other result is there for me to expect? Hopefully IF it turns out to be a positive I won't freak out too much.

Who am I kidding?


Of COURSE I'll freak out. I actually think I might scream and jump up and down before realizing that maybe I shouldn't be jumping... *sigh* I'm still not excited yet. I'm just tired of waiting until the 23rd. I want to just fast forward to that day so that I can know for sure whether or not I have to repeat all of this again. Is that selfish? To want to know that? I really don't care either way... because if I have to repeat it all again I will. It would just be nice not to, ya know?

Wanna hear an amazing side effect?

I've been taking prenatal vitamins for awhile. I also have a terrible habit of biting my nails. Well... my niece painted them a few weeks ago and since then I have repainted them. If they're painted I don't bite them (nail polish tastes horrible)! Well... since I haven't been biting them my nails are SUPER long... almost to the annoying point and I want to bite them all off regardless of pretty polish. Almost. One thing that is really bothering me though, is that I can't type anything without making a typo. And if you know me you know my fetish for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. That's really the only downside to it though. That and borderline cutting myself if I have an itch to scratch. :) My husband rather likes the long nails (for obvious husband reasons). Who knows how long they'll survive though!

Progesterone.

All I can say is that I hope it's within the correct limits that the doctor wants it at. Other than that? Nothing else to report. See ya on the 23rd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment