Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jessica Ridgeway.

This has nothing to do with infertility.

I need to discuss this, because it's something I think about almost constantly. I've been following the case of a missing child from Colorado named Jessica Ridgeway.  Police have found a body, but have not released/said whether or not it is Jessica's body that they found. This is terrible in and of itself that it may NOT be Jessica since it would mean that another ten year old blonde haired girl was found dead. I pray for the family that one of two things happens. They FIND Jessica. And that whatever the outcome the family will have peace and JUSTICE. The sad part about an open forum at the end of online articles is this: people have the nerve to blame the parents for her disappearance.

I can't stress this enough.

People are not perfect. Parents are not perfect. Jessica is ten years old. She left for school to meet her friends at a park where they would then all walk together. The school called Jessica's mother shortly after 8:00am to report that she wasn't there. The mother missed the phone call and didn't get the message until she woke up at 4:00pm. This woman works third shift to provide for her family. And it sounds terrible and people want to know how you can "miss" a phone call. Easy... you're tired. You don't HEAR the phone. I, for one, do NOT blame this mother. It is NOT her fault Jessica got abducted by a monster. 

Here is my point of all of this.

Jessica is ten years old. She walked to school every day before this. Her mother trusted her enough to get there, and she DID. When I was ten years old my mother trusted the same of me. I walked roughly a quarter mile to and from school every day without a second thought. My mother let my brother and I play outside unattended as long as we were out front and she could occasionally glance out and see us. If we weren't right out front we were probably down the street or easily within ear shot. I cannot believe how times have changed. This mother was probably trusted to walk to and from school herself so she saw nothing wrong with letting her daughter walk to school unattended. I see nothing wrong with it, but times HAVE changed. And it's a HORRIBLE circumstance when you realize it too late. I can't fathom what possess people to molest innocent children. To abduct innocent children and murder them for some sick obsession. I hope the mother of Jessica Ridgeway receives justice for her daughter. Whether she is found dead or alive. And I pray that she finds comfort during this horrific time in her life.

Jessica is 4'10," 80 pounds, has shoulder-length blonde hair, blue eyes and was last seen wearing a black jacket with pink and purple eyeglasses.
Anyone with any information is being asked to call the Westminster Police tip line: 303-658-4336 or email PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment