Friday, June 14, 2013

A little bugged...

Ya know what really bothers me?

I'll tell you. And first and foremost let me say that I am NOT racist in any way, shape, or form whatsoever so get that garbage out of your head right now. What bothers me is when an African American person wants to start a group ONLY for other African American people. Women specifically, breast feeding being the group moniker. Now... the main reason it bothers me is WHY does a breast feeding group only have to be one race? If anything I feel discriminated against because my race is being "left out," so to speak. And I get that I'm not a breast feeding mother at all, and that maybe I "just don't understand" (which is BS), but I see groups like this all of the time. Groups that are only for one specific race when it's something so widespread that maybe other races SHOULD be included just for a difference in opinion. You can almost guarantee that if someone who is "white" started a group only for white people it would be racist. Obviously the caucasian persuasion has a history of being racist, but come on... aren't we way over that now?

::shakes head::

Anyway...

I have been a very absentee writer as of late. I've just been super busy with appointments and cleaning my house (no luck there), sleeping, and spending time with my family, so it has been a little hard to sit down at a computer and just let loose. Hence the above rant. Another rant? Loose is the feeling of letting go, or when something isn't tight. LOSE is not when you win. Get it right people...  seriously.

Man! I'm in a mood today!

I'm actually in a relatively great mood, all rants aside. I have an appointment set up with a good friend of mine to take some pictures for me on Saturday. And I know what you're thinking... I could take them myself, but I just feel like I need a different creative eye. Plus I trust her more than I trust myself with the photographic content. To be honest? I actually put my photography on hold. I'm too busy with my bill paying job to concentrate on my photography. This living paycheck to paycheck crap is for the birds, but at least we have food and a place to sleep at night.

More than some have.

No comments:

Post a Comment