Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My life in so many words...

I'm changing more. My name included.

If you haven't noticed, I changed the title of my site from "Me vs. Infertility" to "My life in so many Words..." I like it better, and it makes me feel like I can write about anything opposed to strictly infertility. Speaking of which, my husband and I are taking another month or two off to concentrate on ourselves. I don't think this is a selfish move at all. Part of which means getting life in order before bringing children into the world.

I called my bank this afternoon.

I mentioned trying again to get a pre-approval on a home loan. I say "again" because we tried about six or seven months ago, but my credit was like five points shy. Annoying, but true. So I fixed some issues on the husby's credit report and tackled paying my school loan on time every month. It has been a feat, but I've done it so far! Very proud of myself for that. :) The bank manager gave me a list of things I need to bring when I meet with her tomorrow. The typical stuff, our pay stubs for the last month, our last two bank statements, previous tax returns, our most recent w2s, and anything that may show up on my credit report (ex: that damn Sallie Mae loan). I'm crossing my fingers for this, it would be wonderful to get pre-approved so we could start off with a new living arrangement, because let me tell ya... paying $540 just to RENT and APARTMENT is quite ridiculous.


The other news.

I have an interview this Friday at 2:30pm for a position in a veterinarian's office. This is my goal, ladies and gents. I have ALWAYS wanted to work with animals and now I have a pretty decent shot at it. My current place of employment has no idea. Some of the employees that I trust know about it and are supporting me through it, but my office manager and the doctors have no idea. I just feel somewhat like I'm being taken advantage of there. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the people I work with and I don't HATE my job, but that's just the way I feel. Jipped. I have been there for four years now and have only received a fifty cent pay increase that I had to ASK for. I believe that the work I do there deserves MORE than what I'm making. The vet's office that I applied for will start me at $11-$14 an hour for doing the exact thing I've been doing at the doctor's office for four years. I cannot tell you how much more that is an hour. Ridiculous.

My only worry about moving to a new job is that I've worked up three weeks worth of vacation time. And I'm using 60 hours of that this September for the eight day Caribbean Cruise I'll be going on with my mom. We deserve a good mother-daughter vacation! And as I have never been on a cruise, I am SO excited to spend that much time near the ocean. I LOVE the ocean and I have only seen it once, but it was long enough to fall in love with. Other than that though, it is my only reservation about leaving my current job.

About this project 365...

I know I said I would post a photo every day. And I am doing that! Only it's way easier for me to post them all on Facebook as I go, and then create just one entry here and post them all. I mean, that's 365 photos, guys. That's a LOT. So if you aren't friends with me on Facebook, and would like to be, just shoot me a comment here, or a message and I'll give you access to view the album. :)

On an unrelated, somewhat depressing note.


It has been two years today since my father passed away. I still can't quite fathom that it has been that long already. I miss him every day, but always more around Holidays, the day he passed, and his birthday. Seems only natural, right? I went to see him today. His gravestone is actually my project 365 picture. I left him a message in the snow and talked to him for a little while. It's amazing how easy it is to talk to thin air when you believe that it's actually your loved one. *sigh*

But on that note, I'm finished with this post. Comment away. Or not. This is mainly my place to vent anyway.

-Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment